These are just some of the easy ways you can support our organization! For even more, be sure to check out our Facebook page where we share ideas every Monday about how YOU can make a difference!
Shop using AmazonSmile
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile and choose us as the beneficiary, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to BBBS!
If you’re a Thrivent Financial member there are multiple ways you can help
- Action Teams: Thrivent members are eligible to complete Action Teams to benefit organizations they love! Simple apply to lead a fundraiser, service activity or educational event that benefits BBBS. You’ll be given a $250 Community Impact Card to use as seed money to help pay for your project. Ideas for possible Action Teams include:
- Helping us promote our organization by participating in Main Street Marshfield’s Downtown Trick or Treating
- Putting together multiple silent auction baskets for our annual gala
- Inviting Bigs and Littles to help pass our freeze pops and talk about our mission during a Third Thursday event
- Hosting a brat fry to benefit our mission
- Purchasing the decorations for one of our special events
- Buying items that Bigs and Littles can use to assemble care packages to be sent to veterans
- Thrivent Choice: You might be eligible to direct Thrivent Choice dollars to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Wood County! Members become eligible for Thrivent Choice based on insurance premiums, contract values and Thrivent volunteer leadership. Eligible members are designated Choice Dollars that they can direct to enrolled charities.
Open a Charitable Money Market Account (CMMA) at Forward Financial
A CMMA offers a savings rate with the convenience of a checking account while also allowing you to designate a charity like Big Brothers Big Sisters to receive a donation equal to .1% of your average balance from Forward Financial! Check out their website to learn more.
Churches & Service Organizations
Does your church choose a charity to support each month? Are you part of a service club like Kiwanis or Rotary? We are always looking for partners for our various programs! Ask your organization to make a financial commitment to support our mission or invite our staff or board members to speak at an upcoming meeting.
Our program has been generously supported by various community fundraisers in the past. If you are planning an event and are looking for a beneficiary, we’d love to talk to you!